DONATE: As a nonprofit organization, Intersection of Change relies on charitable gifts and volunteers from individuals and businesses along with grants from foundations, corporations, and government agencies. With these contributions, no matter how small, we are able to provide services to the residents of our neighborhood.
To make a donation, please make checks payable to “Intersection of Change” and mail to:
Intersection of Change l P.O. Box 12764 l Baltimore MD 21217.
To donate by credit card, click the button below:
VOLUNTEER: Volunteers are critical to the success of Intersection of Change and our Martha’s Place and Jubilee Arts programs. Volunteers have helped us achieve tremendous accomplishments since 1996 and continue to play a vital role in our ongoing work. Listed below are potential areas for volunteering with our programs. To get involved contact Vonneice Canada at email@example.com or 410.728.2227.
House Manager assistance
– Martha’s Place uses House Managers to oversee its six-month transitional program. House Managers let program clients in and out of the building and serve as the first liaison between clients and staff. House Manager volunteers are given training on Martha’s Place operation by the program staff and then typically assist with this critical role by providing coverage in shifts ranging from a few hours to overnight stays.
– Martha’s Place holds a group meeting for its clients every Wednesday at 5:30pm that includes a meal, a brief meeting on house issues, then a guest speaker presentation. Martha’s Place seeks volunteers willing to help either by preparing the evening’s meal (generally to serve 10-15 people) or by facilitating the evening’s presentation. Topics for these sessions are developed ahead of time with the Executive Director of Martha’s Place and have ranged from talks by individuals about their recovery experiences, to anger management seminars, to arts and crafts activities.
– Martha’s Place clients often face considerable challenges obtaining employment which presents difficulty in achieving independent living. Volunteers are sought to help with employment assistance, resume writing, and networking Martha’s Place women to jobs.
– Martha’s Place utilizes volunteers willing to assist with general office duties such as answering phones, folding and stamping mailings, and general assistance to the office staff.
Special programming: Provide activities on topics such as creative writing, nutrition, cooking, fitness, meditation, etc.
– event planning/event staff
– grant writing/research
– fundraising (events and direct mail campaign development)
– public relations
– street promotion/door-to-door outreach
– Instruction & other Art Activities
– Teaching aides
– Artist assistants
– Sponsor trips for youth to various museums and cultural centers/events (transportation and entrance fees needed)
– Sponsor events such as fundraisers and community art fair
– Serve on fundraiser committees
– Individual donations
– Serve dinner daily
Intersection of Change general support:
– assistance with gardening, fundraising, office support
– serving as a member on our board of directors
To schedule a site visit of our programs or become a financial supporter visit intersectionofchange.org or call Todd Marcus at 410.728.2227.